Work at Chaar is a rewarding experience. Our dedicated team is focused on providing excellent results for our customers every day. We recommend work at Chaar if you like solving daily problems in creative ways and like the idea of getting to experience different sets of challenges as the business grows.
Chaar was founded in 2001 as a specialty retailer. In 2014 we began expanding our business and now have three stores serving the Lehigh Valley, with plans to open two to four more stores in the area before expanding further into the surrounding regions. We serve customers in a wide variety of categories that include pet supplies, pet services, fashion clothing and footwear, and work boots and apparel. Our customers expect to get the best fit, style, and function out of every purchase they make in our store. We meet those expectations through a sales team that is professional, engaging, and knowledgeable.
Keyholder/Sales Associate - Part Time (Allentown, Bethlehem, & Easton, PA)
Working as a keyholder/sales associate at Chaar means offering superior customer service while performing the necessary business functions of opening and closing the store. This position is a good starting point for anyone looking to take on increased responsibility and adapt or be promoted to new roles as our organization grows.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Open and close the store
- Manage customer returns
- Keep store clean and organized
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Good written communication skills
- Good time management practices and organizational skills
- 1+ years of retail sales experience in a high-service environment
Receiving Associate - Part Time (Allentown, PA)
The office assistant role is to receive and stock inbound merchandise, maintain store cleanliness, set up displays as needed, review stock rotation, and help with set up and tear down operations at other stores from time to time.
- Receive and stock merchandise
- Keep clean store, parking lot, and yard appearance
- Assist customers with loading
- Assist staff with set up and tear down of displays
- Good reading comprehension
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs multiple times in a row
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on a task
Pet Groomer (Full time or part time, Allentown, Bethlehem, & Easton, PA)
Do you have experience grooming dogs or cats? Chaar is looking for someone like you. We offer competitive, performance based pay, flexible hours, a friendly work environment, and minimal grooming-room drama. We have two stores in the Lehigh Valley, one in Allentown and one in Bethlehem.
Visit one of our stores to apply or click here to download an application.
Available Compensation & Benefits:
- 50% commission with guaranteed base
- Paid time off
- Medical & dental benefits
- Discounts of up to 40% off items at Chaar
- 1635 Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109
- 3673 Route 378, Bethlehem, PA 18015
- 291 Town Center Blvd, Easton, PA 18040 (Coming September 2017)
- Professional conduct and demeanor
- Friendly attitude
- 2+ years grooming experience
You can apply online by clicking "Apply Now" or you can visit/call one of our stores. Click here for store locations.
Come to one of our stores to request an application
download an application here to fill out and bring in.